News

Major Fox News Personality Infuriates Viewers After Truth Surfaces

Possible Karoline Leavitt Replacements Include Aline Habba, Anna Kelly and Scott Jennings

President Donald Trump is facing a major personnel decision after White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt announced she will leave her position at the end of August, setting off speculation over who could become the administration’s next public face.

Several prominent Trump allies have surfaced as possible successors, including former Trump attorney Alina Habba, Principal Deputy Press Secretary Anna Kelly and CNN conservative commentator Scott Jennings.

Another possibility could see Trump abandon the traditional model altogether and rely on a rotating group of administration officials to conduct White House briefings rather than immediately appointing a permanent press secretary.

The speculation follows Leavitt’s announcement Wednesday that she is stepping away from the White House position to spend more time with her two young children.

Leavitt is not leaving Trump’s political operation entirely. The president previously announced that she will become one of his top outside advisers as Republicans prepare for the 2026 midterm elections.

With roughly two weeks before her departure, attention has now shifted toward her potential replacement.

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer predicted that Trump will select someone with whom he already has a strong relationship.

“The next press secretary will undoubtedly be someone who has a strong existing relationship with President Trump,” Spicer told Fox News Digital.

“He values and understands the importance of this role in communicating his positions on policy, personnel and key issues, so I can’t imagine it not being someone currently in his orbit,” he added.

Spicer, who served as Trump’s first White House press secretary during his first administration, ruled himself out of consideration for a return to the briefing room.

Habba is among the most recognizable names reportedly being discussed.

The former personal attorney to Trump became a prominent surrogate during his 2024 presidential campaign and was previously considered a potential candidate for press secretary following Trump’s election victory.

Habba said at the time that she was “flattered” by the speculation but believed she would “be better served in other capacities.”

She subsequently served as counselor to the president before becoming interim US attorney for the District of New Jersey and later senior adviser to the attorney general for US Attorneys, per the Conservative Brief.

Jennings has also resurfaced as a possible contender.

The CNN contributor has become known for defending Trump and his administration during contentious panel discussions on the network.

Jennings was reportedly considered for the press secretary position following Trump’s 2024 victory before Leavitt ultimately secured the job. Trump has since publicly praised Jennings, calling him a “patriot” who “gets it.”

Kelly would represent an internal promotion.

As Trump’s principal deputy press secretary, she already plays a significant role in the White House communications operation and became increasingly visible while Leavitt was on maternity leave earlier this summer.

Kelly regularly appeared on television during that period, although she has not conducted a formal White House briefing from the podium.

Stephen Miller and his wife, Katie Miller, have also been mentioned in speculation surrounding the opening.

Katie Miller previously served as press secretary and communications director for former Vice President Mike Pence.

When Stephen Miller was questioned Wednesday about whether his wife could replace Leavitt, he reportedly declined to answer verbally and instead smiled toward the person asking the question.

White House Communications Director Stephen Cheung is another name being discussed.

Cheung has become one of Trump’s most prominent public defenders, although his current position has generally kept him more behind the scenes than the White House press secretary.

Breitbart Washington Bureau Chief Matthew Boyle and former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Taylor Budowich have also surfaced in discussions about potential successors.

Trump could also opt against choosing any of those candidates and instead experiment with a different briefing-room structure.

The White House used a rotating approach during Leavitt’s maternity leave, bringing senior administration officials before reporters.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Vice President JD Vance, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Administrator Dr. Mehmet Oz were among the officials who appeared.

Such a system could allow administration officials with direct responsibility for specific policies to handle questions rather than relying exclusively on one spokesperson.

No successor has been formally announced.

Leavitt will leave the position after approximately 19 months as press secretary, making her one of Trump’s longest-serving officials in the role.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, now the governor of Arkansas, served approximately 23 months as White House press secretary during Trump’s first administration.

With Leavitt’s departure approaching at the end of August, Trump’s eventual choice will determine who takes over one of the most visible and closely watched positions in his administration.

Continue Scrolling for the Comments

Leave a Comment